Overwhelm is something most of us feel at times – there’s simply not enough time to get things done. But is it really a lack of time, or is it rather a lack of direction, of focus?
One of the early, and best-known motivational speakers and author of more than 30 books, Zig Ziglar, summed this up nicely.
Often, when I’m talking with people in business, I find they’re focused on the wrong thing, spending their time on the small details, rather than the main drivers of the business. Let your team worry about the small stuff – the leader’s job is to set the direction and ensure the actions are moving the business to the goals.
Remember the concepts of BHAG and OMG – great leaders know what their long-term and near-term goals are, they keep this front-of-mind for the business and ensure all actions move the business towards them.
So, if you’re feeling stressed and not getting things done, have a close look at what is taking your time. Delegate the small, less-important stuff and focus on ensuring you’re working ON the business, towards your OMG and, ultimately, BHAG.
After all, “Are you running a busyness or a business?”
#BusinessFitness #Excellence #GoalSetting #Growth #Leadership #Motivation #Planning #Productivity #Strategy #Success #Winners #QOTW
Some related short posts you might find useful include:
- You’re Driving, But Does Everyone Know The Destination?
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- Is This the Most Important Leadership Skill for Success?
- “Don’t should all over yourself” – Tony Robbins
- Is Your Strategy Fit for Purpose?
- “Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” – Dwight Eisenhower
- Does Your Business Own You, Or Do You Own It?